Saturday, August 19, 2006
School Schmool

Ah, the first week of school.

This was always such a stressful time when I was a teenager. I would fret over what to wear (Is this too fall? Does it look too new? Will someone else be wearing it--and look better in it?). I would agonize over whether to take my lunch or not. (My friends and I would literally decide this before day one. Group vote.)

And of course, I would hope against hope that some new boy would roll into my small town and enroll. He would catch sight of me and say, "Wow. They don't make girls like you where I come from. You are exactly what I want. If you don't agree to become my girlfriend, I will go insane and do something crazy. Like quit as captain of the football team or let my 4.0 drop to a 3.9."

Um, yeah, that boy never showed up. Sigh.

Have a great week back at school. Be yourself (even if two other girls are wearing your outfit), just eat something for lunch (don't pull a Nicole Richie), and keep your eye out for any new faces. Not just those of the opposite sex. Take a step out there and invite some new kids to sit with you at lunch. Help them out in class. Outrageous kindness is so attractive. It might even catch the attention of that new hottie sitting next to you in Algebra...

  posted at 1:04 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Kevin Masterson! We both went to military school together. Except he dropped out in the eigth grade. Couldn't do enough push ups. Last I heard he was working at The Gap. In the khaki section.

Butch Watercress

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your own blog...never would have imagined! Can't wait for your book to come out! I am your #1 fan!

jillib

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm your #1 fan!!! I;m so proud to call you my friend!!!

best to you!!!
rj

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur awesome!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your my favorite teacher ms.jones
i can't wait to read your book when it comes out
i hope our class hasen't drove you insane yet

Lori from 5th period

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up