Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Calling Dish Network!


I am SOOOO ticked off. Tonight was to be a very, very special night. Some soft music. A little candle light. A nice dinner. Just me and my seven o'clock date. The Gilmore Girls.

And it's NOT on! Why you ask? WHY INDEED! WHY would someone do this to me? What kind of cruel, sick joke is this?

Okay, so the WB no longer exits (a moment of silence, if you please.)....
...
(silence over)
And it is now the CW. WELL the CW is not being carried on my cable provider (I hate them.). I call my evil, demonic cable provider.
"Hello?"
"Is this the evil, demonic cable provider?"
"Yes it is. How may we help you?"
"Where is the CW? Where are Lorelai and Rory?"
"Um...the CW is not currently on."
"WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!"
"You'll have to call the CW network, and they'll tell you exactly why."
"But you won't tell me?" I ask.
"No."
"Because you're employed by the Dark Prince of Evil?"
"Exactly."
Click

It's just not right. If anyone has Dish Network's number, pass it on. If anyone has some Prozac--send that my way, too.
Why couldn't the public access channels ever mysteriously go off? It's a sad, sad day when the most reliable thing on your cable is U of A TV.

  posted at 8:01 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your pain, Jennifer. Thought not a diehard WB watcher, it was comforting to know the Gilmores were there when I needed some good old-fashioned attitude. Now I'll just have to rely on our conversations. :o)

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come watch it with me!!!!!!!!!! we can have a date together every tuesday night :-)

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry for your loss!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is why we got of rid of dish after only 3 weeks :( the price sure sucked us in but it was not worth the hassle.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

Yeah, and now Cox or the CW won't return my calls! EVIL, I tell you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up