Saturday, September 15, 2007
RELEASE WEEK



On the Loose hits shelves this week. I know, I know there will be lines and people camping out at midnight Monday night, but please, no fights. And share those candy bars and "waiting-all-night" snacks. It stresses me and J.K. Rowling out when our mobs of eager readers get violent. But we do understand.

So ask your local booksellers for the book. (Say, "You know--On the Loose. By Jenny B. Jones. I think it's up for a Pulitzer? No? Well, all I know is Oprah will NOT leave this poor lady alone.")

Ask your librarians to order it. ("You don't have her books? And you call yourselves a library! No, I don't want to read the latest Grisham novel. I want Katie Parker. Is it just me or does this reek of censorship?").

Ask your friend of a friend of a friend of a second-cousin who knows the Wal-Mart or Sam's book buyer ("If you don't stock her books in bulk, I will buy myself a Sam's Choice water and lay down on this floor and scream like a two year old.")

Let's let's blow up some sales and get the message out there. Um...the message of Christ. Not the message that we blow up things.

So I'm ripping this off from my favorite blog, megcabot.com, but check out this youtube video of a woman who teaches her cats to swim.


Let the record show that I am not that cat-weird. And they "glided beautifully through the water?" Lady, they were paddling like crazy to get away from you. And how about, "They are so beautiful. Like watching a ballerina." Um...no. It's like watching a bad episode on Animal Planet where you know the ending is not going to be happy. Cats don't like water; I don't care what this woman says. If her super hairy cat liked the water he'd be paddling for the diving board, not toward the ledge. Sure, they ocassionally enjoy playing in the toilet (who doesn't?), but they instinctively don't like getting wet. How many cats do you see tromping through puddles? Um...cats doing kitty jumps in the rain? And just exactly how often do you hear of feline casualities from pools? NEVER. And did you hear her say all FIVE of her cats had been in the pool? WHO in the world would come and swim in her pool? Can you imagine the filter quality? That thing's plugged up for good. Gross.

Finally, let me close by giving you a subliminal message (go buy my book this week) and another one for good measure (Brad Pitt, if you're reading this, call me.), and top it off with a cartoon my super talented friend Kate sent me.


  posted at 5:04 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I have your posters plastered all over the place and thought I have never visted your site :) Cant wait to read it!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I love that the woman recommends trimming the cat's nails before going into the pool with it for the first time. Yes, I would think so. You might want to put a muzzle on it too. If it takes them an hour to lick the water out of their fur, I don't blame them for not wanting to get in the pool.

O, by the way, I have Brad Pitt's phone number for you. I heard him give it out one time, it is 555 something. I don't remember the rest.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger The Dynamic Uno said...

LOVE the cartoon--it reminds me of my own students and their various tattoo desires.

Can you imagine the furballs from those cats if she puts them in the pool on a regular basis? Yuck!

Your books are on my first order this year for our school's library--so don't send in the chanting kids! They'll be here--eventually. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up