Monday, October 22, 2007
Rainy Days and Mondays Always Make Me Blog
So last week I colored my hair. And due to reasons that would totally bore you, I can no longer use salon or drug store type of hair color. (It's tragic really.) So now if I want my hair colored, I have to use henna. Henna is what gives people those fake, red looking tattoos. And if you don't want your hair the color of a fake, red tattoo, the color of a pumpkin or GREEN, you have to add some other "natural" stuff to it. I finally worked up my nerve to play chemist and mix my ingredients.
Here's what the henna looks like. A nice poop brown.


And then you mix some other stuff with it so it doesn't turn orange or fire engine red, and here's what that looked like.


Green. Very, very green. And I put it on my hair anyway!
And then it didn't help that when you mixed it with water, per the instructions, it smelled like...I dunno. Like a landfill of rotten, cooked spinach. I seriously started heaving and gagging, with tears pouring out of my eyes. It was THAT bad.
So naturally I stuck a cotton ball up each nostril.
I almost took a picture of that, but I do have some dignity.

Anyway I had to sit there with cotton products up my schnoz for over an hour. It was disgusting. But I'm happy to report it actually worked. And I didn't even suck the cotton balls up my nasal passages. All in all, a successful evening. Because if I'd had to go to the ER for something stuck up my nose, I'm not sure how I would've explained that. And by the way, I appreciate all the new people who have stopped by the blog. Please do not let this little gross interlude dissuade you from returning.

So now you know what's I'm putting on my hair.
Here's what I just finished reading:

It's so good. I highly recommend it. It takes a lot for a book to make me LOL, but this book totally made me LOL, and I guarantee it will have you LOLing all over the place as well. It's chock-full of LOLs.

And here's what I'm now reading:


Here's what I'm listening to in the car:

This helps me take my attention off of the mind-numbing traffic in my area. It stops me from rolling down my window and screaming bad things to people who don't drive correctly and like to use their brakes too much.

Here's what I'm looking forward to listening to:

People tell me we look like twins. So alike. Of course these are people who also stick cotton balls up their nose. And not because they're coloring their hair.

Here's what I'm listening to when I run:


Well, that's enough about me. I'm boring myself.
Back to writing and my rainy Monday.

  posted at 2:39 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always thought you looked like Carrie...twins...that is until you colored your hair. Now,and only now, I can tell you two apart! I know that was why you did it...you were so very tired of people confusing you with her!
PP

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

PP, don't think I don't catch that sarcasm. I do.
And it hurts.
Hurts real bad.

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henna does not smell bad and you don't have to mix it with anything but water. It is a great and natural way to get an amazing red color on your hair which also nurtures the hair and makes it stronger. Please, don't ruin it's good reputation.

~A Russian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up