Monday, November 05, 2007
I Heart Ben. I Heart Jerry.
Happy Monday! Have you accomplished anything significant yet? I have! I hate to brag at my skills, but I just single-handedly ate ALMOST an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake. Yes, indeed. See, I thought, "I'll just have a few bites." But then the graham cracker crust bits started calling my name, and I thought, "How many bites will it take until they're all gone?" Not many. If Ben and Jerry's was a drug...those who love me would probably have staged a few interventions by now.

Speaking of healthy, did you know Katie Holmes ran in the NY Marathon? Sure did. E! and Yahoo were surprised. Why? Cyborgs can do anything!

I don't know about where you live, but here in Arkansas, the trees are so pretty and the leaves are falling. It's so fall-like.




That's my back yard. (Do you think that qualifies as a holler? I've always wanted one.)

Tomorrow night it's supposed to get down into the twenties! And you know what that makes me think of? You guessed it, snow!!! The Farmer's Almanac says we might get snow for Thanksgiving. Oh, could we? Please? I would totally give thanks for that! I would trade my yams and cranberry jello mold for some snow days. Let's all begin praying now... "Dear Lord, please give me some snow. The school-closing variety..."

Does anyone else have random crap in their yard? I don't mean the typical toilet seat on the front porch or car on blocks. (Cause who doesn't have that?) I mean just random stuff. So this summer I had my deck refinished and they moved the deck items into the yard. And I'm a busy person (translation: lazy), so I um...never moved it back. Well, I moved the big stuff. But not this little green table and ugly mat that needs to be thrown away. So my poor yard guy (lead singer of the fabulous band The Truth About Movie Stars). You can check out TTAMS super cool MySpace page HERE. I'm not a big MySpace fan, but I love their page. Wait, I'm off track. What was I talking about? Oh, yeah, random crap in my back yard. So poor Lead Singer has to move my random table and mat every time he mows. I know he thinks I'll remember it and move it, but I always forget! The truth is, unless there is snow on it or pretty trees, I do not think about my back yard. Anyway, this is what it looks like.


So last night I had some friends over for dinner and they were on my deck. It was dark and hard to see. One says, "What is that?"
I say, "Oh, that's my septic system cap."
"No. On it. Is that...is that a table?"
"Um...yes." Why didn't I ever move that? "Sometimes I like to go out there and have tea."

Hope you have a productive Monday. If nothing else, tackle a pint of Chunky Monkey.

  posted at 2:23 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I will have you know that I don't have a toilet seat on my front porch. Unlike some people, I know where a toilet seat belows. You put a toilet seat on a toilet, then you put the toilet on the car on blocks to help hold the tarp down.

No, I don't really have any random stuff in my yard, except maybe the tomato cages. I don't want my yard to look too junky. I have to be respectful of my neighbors, so whenever I have something like that I take it out and put it in their yards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up