Monday, March 24, 2008
Spring Break is Over
It's back to work, back to school, back to the real world.
So sad.
Maybe our presidential candidates should focus on some real issues--like making spring break two weeks. Or adding another day to the weekend. A movement like that could really unite a country.

Had a great time in Hawaii. White pasty girls are definitely the minority. But short people were plentiful, so I enjoyed hanging out with some fellow shorties.

I took a ton of pictures. Hundreds. Looking through my photos, I think I occasionally got a little shutter happy. I mean what is this picture?


Or this one.
I dunno either. Maybe I thought I would later go back to my hotel and write some deep poetry about storm clouds. All the Twix I kept in the room surely distracted me.

But here's one I took while eating in a McDonald's.
You don't see that around here at Mickie D's, but yeah, there were pigeons flying around and stalking the ground for crumbs of fries. They knew better to lurk around my table. If I were to drop a precious French fry and I had to dive into a swarm of pigeons, I would totally do it.


That's a picture of a pineapple, which was the appetizer at a luau we went to. The Hawaiians call their appetizers pupus (poo-poos). And if you think I'm mature enough not to work that word into any conversation possible, you are mistaken.

Have a great Monday. More super artsy, life-changing pictures to come.

  posted at 7:49 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

Did Hawaii have to put "Do not feed the birds" signs around their resturants? When I get to eat french fries, I'm certainly not going to share them with birds. Much less pigeons.

Glad you had a great time in Hawaii. Can't wait to see your new pics, and hear the creative ways you use Hawaiian words in this blog. ; )

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL --you sound like me! My family took a vacation to NH last year and I took.. about... 1000 pictures --no exaggeration. And some of them were like the ones you posted, lol. And interesting abuot the appetizers... good to know. ;) Glad you had fun! Can't wait for more posts...

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

I would LOVE to go to NH! Gracie, I would never purposely work in Hawaiian words. That would be pupu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up