Friday, March 07, 2008
Grab Bag-O-Topics
Happy Friday!
I will be picking the winner of Camy Tang's Only Uni Monday. So there is still time to leave a comment on Wednesday's post and get in the running for a free book.

A friend of mine is shoe shopping for ballet flats, but accidentally found THESE instead. Not quite what she was looking for. But if you don't have toes, they'd be perfect.

The new James Bond movie will be called Quantum Solace. What the heck kind of title is that? Sounds like a group of meteorologists named it. It's like something I'd name a nursing home...in space.

A friend of mine sent this to me when I was knee deep in Puffs, naps, and orange juice. It gets really good at minute two.


So who are y'all pulling for on American Idol? I'm pulling for the girls to quit wearing those high waisted pants! NOBODY looks good in pants up to your boobies! NOBODY! I think they'd make Paris Hilton look chubby.

So I need to quickly rename a character. He will be a primary character and possible love interest for my heroine, Bella. He's 17, brainy, looks like a preppy version of Clark on Smallville, strong,and arrogantly confident (but a good person). so he needs a strong name. A different name. I posted a list of name possibilities on Facebook and have really enjoyed the "voting" and feedback from readers, friends, and students. First of all, join me on Facebook HERE.
Second, here's the pared down list of possibilities. Let me know what you think.

1. Hudson
2. Keaton
3. Max/Maxwell
4. Steele
5. Bennett
6. Hayden
7. Connor
8. Beckham
9. Luke/Lukas
10. Brody
11. Horace.
12. Just kidding.

Have a great weekend. I'll be at a church retreat playing awkward team building games, eating my weight in Doritos, and hating the time change.

  posted at 7:32 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

Luke sounds like a good name - normal enough, but kind of smart sounding. Then again, I tend to pick not-so-normal names, so I might not be the best reference. : )

Can't wait until I can read your next book! Keep writing...

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington said...

Hey! My grandfather was named Horace ... :)

Out of all of them, I think I like Luke best. Not sure why. Keaton makes me think of Alex Keaton on Family Ties! Max is okay. Steele seems a little harsh but it does sound strong. Bennett, not sure about. Hayden makes me think of Hayden Christianson (I think that's his name), the guy who played Annakin Skywalker. Connor is good too. Brody I kinda like as well, but it doesn't seem as strong.

Aren't you glad you asked me?

Who's winning so far on your poll?

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

Loved the video.

I don't guess I've paid that much attention to what people were wearing on American Idol.

You could call him Reuben. Then when you slur Reuben and Bella together it becomes Rubella (German measles).

On a serious note, I wouldn't know what to call the poor kid, but I think you should choose a name with an odd number of syllables because it will sound better when you say, "[name] and Bella." I had a similar character that I called Neal. He even has his own blog. So, you could ask him what he thinks, but I don't think he'll say much.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger WordVixen said...

I'd vote for Bennett, but I'm thinking there are too many b's in Bennett and Bella. Too much like siblings.

I still like the names Emilie Loring used- they usually match your criteria too. The hero in "For All Your Life" is named Griff. Bella and Griff, Griff and Bella. Ok, maybe not. I hate naming men.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always do what I do. Open up your inbox and grab the first male name you see on one of the spam messages. Lets see. Right now mine are Luther, Todd and Wendell. Todd and Bella has a nice ring to it.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ACTUALLY she may be on to something! I think Griffith or Griffin would be awesome! But then you know how I feel about Bennett and Luke. The name Bennett requires a reference to dogs that don't hunt, and the name Luke...well there are so many directions to go with that one. Moccasins? Harleys? Salad Bars?
Ha! That will be funny until the day I die. Rubella was actually pretty funny too. s

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Hayden. I think I'm the only one, but it gets my vote! (Probably because I keep seeing commercials for Jumper. And thus, I think Haydens are beautiful creatures.)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

That Hayden is a beautiful creature. And the movie looks good, too. Rubella has potential. And SHeila, Griffin was my g-pa's last name. I love the name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up