Friday, February 15, 2008
Love Is In the Air...And The Cookies
Teaching has it's moments, it really does. One of my favorite birthdays was made special because a group of my drama kids took it upon themselves to throw me a party in class complete with a sash, crown, beautifully tacky jewelry, Jones Soda, and my own director's chair.

Today two students shared some Valentine's Day cookies with me. We all have this mandatory study hall at our school 2x a week. It's 90 minutes of torture (er, homework) for everyone. So even though Karly and Kenslee are not in my study hall, they have adopted my room as the place to have their "craft club." Or more specifically the Karly Kenslee Kraft Klub. (Translation: Ms. Jones lets us avoid our homework under the disguise of knitting, Valentine making, cookie icing and any other random thing they can pull out of their ninth grade ears.)

Anyway, they decorated their cookies during KKKK time, and I thought I'd display them on the blog.


Aren't they cute? Some of their designs are rather, um...clever?
Here's what I teach. Also known as Speech.
These two have no problem speaking. None. They speak quite well. And often.

This one is an artistic representation of my hair. Or what they found in their cafeteria burrito. Not sure which.


Know what this one is?

It's the Love Boat.

And the U + the blob?
Yep, it's "You Rock." They were going to write, "Thank you for getting us out of an hour and a half of pretending to do homework" but it wouldn't fit.

Here's one I like to call Barack and Hillary.

Or if you squeeze your left eye shut and only look with your right it's George and Laura Bush. (Actually it looks more like George and Lindsay Lohan, but that would just be silly.)

And it's cookies like this that will get them a pass to come back next week.



And you know I can't eat this stuff. So I was really good. I didn't have one.
Nope.
I had four.

  posted at 5:30 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Jones!!!!

this by far is my all time favorite blog everrrrrrrrrrr!

:) :) :) :) :)

Always,
Kenslee of the
"Karly's and Kenslee's Kraft Klub"

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear ms jones,
me and kenslee DO NOT come to your room to get out of siminar!
we go there because we LOVE you!
duh. now, stop making excuses and start realizing what a wonderful person you are and except that us students really want to be around you. ha.
gosh ms jones, get with it.

yours truly,
karly of the
kkkk

ps i was very disappointed that me peom didnt make this lovly blog. ;]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up