Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Happy Wednesday
It's been an interesting week of a down-scaled diet. I dare you to look at this picture and NOT shed a tear.

That's an entire trash bag of "no-no" foods. I practically chased the trash truck down the street as they carried it off. But I knew I had to let it go. Set it free.
Plus I have contraband snacks stashed throughout the house, so whatever.

I'm a total grazer. I'm used to eating every few hours. Love me some food. And since there's a pretty short list of things I can eat right now, I'm drinking more water out of sheer boredom. Instead of opening my fridge and seeing the good stuff, this is the sad sight I face daily.

"Oh, I'm hungry. I'm going to go raid the fridge. Do I want water...or water?"

And since I drink all that water, I spend a lot more reflective time here.

If peeing were a sport, I would ready for the major leagues.

So last Friday night I saw Casting Crowns.

A friend got us free tickets on the floor. It was really great. But loud. As in two hours later you're still deaf type of loud. That's some good stuff.
This portion of a concert always makes me a little sad.

It's "shine your cell phone" time. It used to be "wave your lighter" time. Not that I ever had a lighter. I wasn't that cool. (No, smoking is not cool, but taking a lighter to a concert equaled cool.) I just don't find myself caught up in a really good song and think, "You know what this moments needs? My cell phone!" But security really isn't into lighters. Or spotlights. Or MagLites. Or those laser pointer thingies. Or flares. Pity.

Okay, well, I have a book to finish, American Idol to watch, and two different fronts to track on the Super Dopplar. And chips not to eat. And cheese to avoid. And popcorn to throw away...

  posted at 5:04 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jessica Epps said...

Why are you diss'ing on my Honey Nut Cheerios? Are you wanting our market share to decrease in NWA??? GOSH!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

Warn the office, Jessica. If I quit eating cereal, General Mills sales in NWA are going to plummet. I think I am 75 percent of your market all by myself.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Jessica Epps said...

100% whole grain Jen!!! Don't make me send you some samples so you'll be forced to cave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up