Friday, March 14, 2008
Spring Break, Here I Come!
Well, it's that time of year again. Time when my school shuts down and gives me a whole week off. So you know what that means, right?
No, it doesn't mean I'll be painting. (I heard that.)
It does mean that I will be going on a little trip and more than likely not blogging. But when I return I will have lots of pictures of really, really important things. Like this memorable one from London.


Or this one from Buckingham Palace.


Or this one.
I like to call this "I Don't Eat Stinky Fish."

So for the sheer zany fun of it, I'm going to give you some clues to where I'm going. Won't that be fun?
1. There are only 12 letters in their alphabet.
2. They have their own time zone. (Which is going to be all kinds of crazy, sleep-depriving fun.)
3. According to some stats, there are no racial majorities. Every ethnic group there is a minority. Since I'm in the ethnic minority of "Super White, White Chick," that makes me feel better.
4. Technically this is the largest city in the world.
5. There was once a leper colony in this general region. There's probably a museum oozing with the details...
6. My name there is: Kini or Kinipela.
7. These people like them some Spam. (Total give away!)

So it should be easy to guess now. Anyway, I'll be gone for a week. In my absence, I'll be leaving my cat to write in my stead.
"While you're gone the kitty-sitter and I are totally gonna throw back some Dasanis, bat around the stuffed mouse, and debate the oil crisis. And hairballs...there will be hairballs involved."

Actually in my place I will be leaving a preview chapter of the last in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture. The book comes out around April 15-ish. It's gonna be big stuff. Already Pulitzer has contacted me. Oprah, too. But I want to stay humble, so I've turned them all down. Just tryin' to keep it real.

Have a great week.
Kinipela.

  posted at 8:11 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! I got it! And not even from the span comment..lol. :) From the name transition, actually :) I hope you have lots of fun!! But where's the preview chapter?! Oh I can't wait to read that book! LOL.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! Even more excited since I'm going in less than 2 months!! But I just want to say that while you are there dancing in your grass skirt and learning to hula that MY MOTHER is coming to visit. for the whole week. Enjoy your owa vacation!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

I'll bring back a grass skirt for your mom, Sheilasue. I know that's what you were hinting at.

Bethany, I can't get anything past you! : )

Okay...sigh. Off to pack now.

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>According to some stats, there are no racial majorities.

Before I read the comments, I was going to guess Antarctica.

My logic went something like this: does Antarctica sound like a place that's going to have a whole bunch of racial majorities to it? ;)

Debbie, who's signing this as anonymous cuz it's too much trouble to try to login to Blogger. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up