Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Hawaii, Squash, and Roosters
Happy Wednesday. It's been a rough week coming back after Spring Break. I was born to be a lady of leisure. I do "nothing" really well.

Speaking of nothing, that's exactly what I'm eating. Remember the strict diet? Well, seems I fell off the wagon (more like jumped with all my might), and my doctor was not impressed. So I have to start all over again. Some of it's only for about six weeks, but noooo....I had to eat whatever I want. Well, now that six weeks starts over. No bread, no wheat, no chocolate, no processed foods. No fun. Is it any wonder I'm cranky? (Students, you have been warned. Keep your distance.)

Last night I ate marinara over spaghetti squash. Have you ever had that? You have to try it, even if you hate squash like I do. It's cool just to look at. You buy this big yellow squash, cut it in half, microwave it in a little bit of water, and seven minutes later noodles appear out of the squash! And they almost taste good!

But enough about my dietary woes and bad relationship with garden vegetables. Let me tell you more about Hawaii.

So we go to this one tourist place with lush gardens, tall, green trees, a waterfall...and these for guards.
I'm thinking about getting some myself. Guard Roosters. Who needs a security system?

Then we have this. Do you know what this is?
It's the flag to warn surfers that three single ladies are on the loose in Oahu, that's what. Who cares about the tall waves. Look...there's one running away from us now.

You know, "LOST PET" signs always make me sad. I always try to keep an eye out. But when I saw this...
I can't say I tried too hard to find the bird. We just don't see "LOST PARROT" notices in Arkansas much. Lost pigs, yes. But parrots, nah.

And how do you know if the restaurant you've chosen is any good? It has one of these signs.

But if you need to drop anchor, here's a sign you DON'T want to see.

Okay, more on Friday. Unless I keel over from a lack of caffeine and candy bars.

  posted at 6:11 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hawaii sounds..and looks awesome! geez. lucky duck. your blog is so entertaining! it's kinda like a tv show that you always want to watch every week..haha. i don't really watch tv a whole lot, but your blog definetly makes the check per week list. (feel honored) :D just kidding..so yea. i need to go write some more for my one-act!! fun fun..talk to you later!
Your favorite student. (Carley)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Christa Allan said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HAWAII. Ken and I actually considered moving there after Katrina hit, but my son wouldn't allow me to take my granddaughters. he's so possessive, that kid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up