Sunday, November 11, 2007
Chris Tomlin Might Be Better Than Ben and Jerry's
Happy Monday!
Hope you had a good weekend. I sure did!
Friday night I stayed home and "worked." Okay, well, that was the plan. Somehow I managed to get nothing done.

Saturday morning...well, that will be a post for another day. But it was a stinkin' cool Saturday.

And Saturday night...Chris Tomlin concert! Woo-Hoo! It was a lot of fun, despite the fact that the concert was at a track arena. WHO has a concert at an indoor track? Well, apparently Chris Tomlin does.

Here's me and my good friend Kim eating out before the concert.

Nothing prepares a girl for some hot Tomlin time like homemade fries. For you, Chris Tomlin, I consume fatty, batter-fried potatoes.

Here we all are. Looking spiffy and proud of our front row seats (in the TRACK arena).


Here's the man himself, singing like the facility doesn't stink like gym socks and Gatorade.


Here's a good shot. Look at him scanning the crowd for me...


And then there's Chris doing his Braveheart imitation. He's shouting my name like a war cry. "Jennifer!!! These track lights are blinding me and I can't see you!"


And then there's this shot, where it looks like a giant hand is picking his nose. Oh, to be that hand..


Seriously, if you haven't experienced a Tomlin concert, GET you some tickets!!! And Louie Giglio is traveling with him, too. He's a fired up, talented speaker.

More on my weekend of celebrities later.
Today I'm speaking at a local junior high--home to lots of mini-celebrities!

  posted at 4:34 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I think I missed my calling. In doing what I do, I don't think I'll ever have women wanting to pick my nose. Then again, that doesn't seem like a very satisfying measure of success.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Edge said...

Hey, don't pick on track arenas. They're cool. (Yeah, they do smell a little.) But still, you were listening to CHRIS TOMLIN. If you suffer to eat batter-fried potatoes, then putting up with Gatorade smell (which I actually like because it means I'm done with a run) should be easy. Right? :-)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

Edge, you're right, we were just lucky to have him in the area, track arena or not! And okay, maybe "suffering" is not exactly how I felt about eating the fries...

And yes, when you've achieved "nose picking volunteer" status, you know you have arrived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up