Monday, November 26, 2007
Happy Monday. . . Again.
Mondays... they're way too frequent. And why do they have to follow a weekend? Why make the worst day of the week follow the best TWO DAYS of the week? BUT...I only have to get through this week then I get to wear JEANS through all the month of December at school! YIPPEE!! All because I donated money to a local charity. And only 25 bucks! Is that not the best deal ever? I would donate a KIDNEY in order to wear jeans to work all month, but they only asked for twenty-five george's instead. Wearing jeans makes me very, very happy. And makes me a better teacher. It's a win-win situation for everyone. The only way to possibly top it would be an all-sweats-January. (Are you listening, school administrators?)

If you've been around long enough, you KNOW that I have these mad rhyme skills. I was just born with it. Much like Prince William was born with good looks, Orlando Bloom good hair, and Dolly Parton her...um friends...but me? I was born with the ability to touch hearts with my soul-opening-poetry.

Here's my Monday gift to you. I call it. . . Oh, Jeans.

Oh, Jeans
Jeans, you are so lovely.
Jeans, you are so true.
I think of you often.
I like you cuz you're blue.

Jeans mean I don't wear heels.
Jeans mean I don't wear hose.
Jeans mean I have laughter in my heart
And sometimes it comes out my nose.

Denim is a heavenly fabric.
God surely was behind Levi and Strauss.
And now I'm kinda stuck here.
Cause I need to use the word "blouse."

Jeans make me feel oh so special.
Jeans don't make me feel under the weather.
Bet you wish you could wear jeans in Dec.
Then we could all be happy together!

(insert snapping and clapping here).
Thank you, thank you.

Speaking of charities, a few weeks ago my church did something we call Blessing Baskets. We assemble a bunch of food in sacks (Blessing Sacks doesn't sound as nice) and distribute it to those in need. It's always a really cool time. Lots of people come out to help. And no one is too small to pitch in. Like this little guy:


He was totally eyeing the cans of chili. Which I happen to have been guarding.

Finally, I've seen a few movies lately. Saw Fred Claus. I really wanted to like it--but I didn't. Maybe I'm an Elf devotee, so maybe I thought it would be along those lines. Saw Dan in Real Life. Didn't like it either. But my friends really did, so who knows. (Okay, I do! It stunk! I'm totally right here!) Also saw Enchanted. More on that later, but it was a TWO THUMBS UP!!!

I think I'm having delayed tryptophan reactions. Suddenly I'm very, very sleepy. This could be serious. I might need to stay home from work and observe this. . .

Have a great Monday.

  posted at 4:49 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

There is one question that begs to be asked. How much is that doggy in the window?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Bethany Ellis said...

ditto on the jeans! i love wearing skirts, but nothing beats jeans in november.. or december.. or any cold month!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

The doggy was free.
We stuffed him in a bag in between the pinto beans and the 2 lb. sack of rice.

I know, Bethany, the only thing wearing jeans is wearing jeans INSIDE. AT HOME. On a SNOW day!!! Can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up