Friday, December 14, 2007
Introducing My Alter Ego, Miss Crabby Pants
Toward the tailend of a deadline, I take on a new persona. I get cranky, I guard my time like a pitbull, and everything stresses me out. And occasionally I forget to bathe. ...just kidding. Well, except for today, but who showers on Fridays anyways?

So let me tell you my woes.
First of all, one of my favorite Mexican restaurant chains has shut down.
A moment of silence if you will...

I seriously think about them all the time now. Oh, Acambaro, how could you get raided and have mysterious buildings and illegal workers, yet such lovely queso? And do I really care? No, I don't. I will turn the other way--we all will. Just bring our Acambaro, home of the six dollar fajitas, back to us. And yes, some say it was a den of health code violations anyway, but people who say that are taco snobs, and I don't associate with taco snobs.
(But I do associate with taco platters valued at $3.99.)

But now I'm having to eat at the competitors, Maria's. And it's not the same. I'm so depressed. I think I need medication for this. A fajita detox. It's so unfair.

And the next thing I'm distraught about...snow. I know you're sick of hearing about it, but winter just started baby, so get used to it. This is all I talk about from November to March. So all the sudden some serious weather popped up in the forecast about midweek. We were to have 4-6 inches of snow Saturday. This totally made MY WEEK.

Every night and every morning I would watch the weather and read the weather, then watch and read it some more, just hoping for crumbs of information. And it was ONE HUNDRED PERCENT chance of snow here. These weathermen weren't messing around. But yet they were messing around--WITH MY HEAD!!!!! Now suddenly, overnight, we've gone from 4-6 inches to "flurries" and from 100% chance to THIRTY. Can you even feel my pain? And no, a Saturday snow probably wouldn't have gotten me out of school Monday (I know this because I calculated the statistical odds last night...), but it would've made Saturday all pretty. And I could've stayed home and watched it and worked and caught up so I would not be so crabby and like shower and stuff so my cats and friends would quit avoiding me. But now that's not going to happen because the weathermen are evil and the jet stream is clearly a tool of Satan.

But at least I have THIS to relieve some of my chalupa-less stress. (And thanks Christy for the link!)

Have a good weekend.
Sincerely,
Miss Crabby Pants

  posted at 9:16 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jessica Epps said...

They CLOSED Acambaro??? NOOOO!!! That was my favorite Mexican restaurant and it was SO cheap. Who doesn't love cheap Mexican? Dangie! However, they couldn't compare to Abuelo's 7 layered dip, yummy! ;)

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Maria's is my favorite! You can mourn Acambaro, but please respect my favorite greasy spoon. Those neon lime green walls just add a little something, don't you think? And the smoke filled air (in a non-smoking establishment) just adds flavor.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

You've inspired me. I really want to write, not professionally, but just for fun. I'll keep writing on there, but check it out. I really enjoyed your class, and thanks.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

oh and im the same way. Love the mexi food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up