Monday, January 07, 2008
YouTube and Al Gore
I need a vacation. The lack of snow in my 68 degree world is about to do me in. I'm about to go all Britney and call Dr. Phil.

And when I get stressed, I like to think about. . . otters. You can't look at these two and not get a peacful, easy feeling.

You know those otters are like,
"Ugh. They're staring. Again."
"I know, like watch the flash, lady!"

Otters aren't always that calm though. I may have shown this one before, but I like it so much.

"I am otter. I like to get my groove on. Shake it...Shake it..."

My friend Andrea, a world traveling composer (initially I typed composter. Ha! She travels the world, searching for that perfect combination of manure and corn husks...) sent me a website that sell these:


My cats would scratch my face off if I tried to put one of those things on them. And what's with the electric blue color? Cats have taste. What about some nice highlights and lowlights?

Not only do my cats not want any wigs, but they also don't want to play any musical instruments, like this one:

I like the one hand moves. And I wouldn't recommend watching it that long, but after the first minute, he starts banging on the cabinet. So talented! Mine just stare at me like, "Gimme something to eat!"

So more heatwave weather on tap for this week. It hurts my heart. Al Gore, you were right all along. We do need to stop this insanity. I mean, I wasn't too concerned when Al said our excessive lifestyles would affect future generations (yawn), but if it's going to deplete me of my greatest natural resource--snow days--then, I'm all ears. I will buy those swirly lightbulbs. I will take canvas bags to Wal-Mart. I will cut my bathing frequency by half. ANYTHING!!! It's time to reclaim snow days, er, the environment.

Call me, Al Gore. Call me.
(No, actually have Leonardo DiCaprio call me. He seems to know just as much and he's a little easier on the eyes.)

Have a great week!

  posted at 7:52 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Could I get the website that sells cat wigs? The possibilities there are endless...

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

kittywigs.com for all your kitty wig needs. They even come with their very own metal paw proof case. That should give drummer kitty something else to play.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter said...

Snow days??? You want snow days??? Then move up here to Michigan. Oh, wait, they don't even give snow days when there is a foot of snow on the ground up here. Scratch that.[Wait, maybe a bad choice of words given the Kitty conversation]

I heard about your blog when I was in the blogosphere. Sorry I forgot where exactly. I am a Writing Career Coach over at WritingCareerCoach.blogspot.com [Guess I'm not quite as creative as you :-) ] I'm going to go tell my readers they have to come check this blog out. It is great fun and gives me such a sens of author voice and style. I can imagine your books are just as fun.

Great blog. I'll be back!!

Tiffany Colter

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

Thanks so much, Tiffany. I don't like to hear about cities with no respect for snow days. They are meant to be used to enjoy the beauty of nature. And by that I mean shut down school. : ) Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I live in Fort Worth. We seldom have snow days down here. What snow we get doesn't amount to much, but we usually have at least one day when the streets are covered with a thick layer of ice. It usually comes in the afternoon, so for many of us, we don't enjoy the beauty of nature as much as we are contemplating how we will stop before we hit the idiot who decided to pull in front of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Jenny B. Jones

Location:
Arkansas, US

I am a teacher in one of the largest high schools in the state. I'm also a writer of Young Adult novels and am currently working on a brand new series. Book three in the Katie Parker Production series, The Big Picture, will hit shelves in April 2008. Stay tuned!

My Complete Profile

Sign Up